Saturday, February 15, 2003

Terrific Adobe Style Home

The Habitat for Humanity organization in Sierra Vista sponsored a tour of some local homes last month, one of which was this terrific adobe-style home that's on the National Register of Historic Places. It part of the Kinjockity Ranch, which was built by a very wealthy fellow back in the 1930's and is located about a mile north of us. I'd love to capture this same warm, rounded appearance with our house, but I don't think we'll be able to with the construction technique we're using. Still, I plan to steal a few ideas from what I saw as I was going through it.



Here's a picture from inside the house. I believe this room was added more recently, and it has the same feel we hope to build into our home, with maybe a few less decorative items.



Addendum: The Kinjockity Ranch has now been sold to a developer, and the new property is being called Kings Ranch Estates. From what I've been told, the developer is planning to convert this old adobe home to an upscale restaurant.